Welcome to the Local Race Chat forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Click here to join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Local Race Chat > Dirt Racing News > Driver Press Releases
Register Gallery FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Google

Driver Press Releases Press Releases Related To Dirt Drivers Only.

Article Tools Display Modes
Tony Stewart Racing, Kinser Head South for World of Outlaws Sprint Series Competition
Posted by Dirtfan_21
Yesterday
Tony Stewart Racing, Kinser Head South for World of Outlaws Sprint Series Competition

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 12, 2008) � With the Advance Auto Parts World of Outlaws (WoO) Sprint Series season opener behind them, Tony Stewart Racing (TSR) and driver Kraig Kinser will head south this week for the series� only Gulf Coast event of the year. Kinser and the WoO Sprint Series will take to the high banks of Pike County Speedway�s 3/8-mile clay oval in Magnolia, Miss. , on Saturday.

This weekend�s race will mark Kinser�s second career appearance at the facility and his first since March 18, 2005, when he finished 17th. In the WoO Sprint Series� last event at Pike County Speedway on March 17, 2007, Joey Saldana won the A-main. He was followed to the checkered flag by Kinser�s TSR teammate Donny Schatz, who finished in second place.

The No. 20 Bass Pro Shops/Chevy/Maxim team is led by crew chief and team manager Jimmy Carr, who helped TSR win the WoO Sprint Series championship in 2001. Veteran crew members Steve Swenson and Mike Kuemper also are back for the 2008 season and are joined by the newest team member, Evan Funk, who joined TSR in early January.

TSR also enters its second season utilizing Chevy powerplants this week as Kistler Engines will continue to build engines for the No. 20 TSR/Bass Pro Shops/Maxim.

Race fans unable to attend Saturday�s event can catch all of the action from Pike County Speedway on DIRTVision.com. Fans can listen live as the �Voice of the Outlaws,� Johnny Gibson, calls the action at all World of Outlaws Sprint Series events on the DIRTVision.com cybercast, as well as on the DIRT Radio Network. Go to www.DIRTVision.com for more information on all the site features, including updated results from each night of racing, as well as a chat room to interact with other race fans.

Pit gates for Saturday�s WoO Sprint Series event open at 2 p.m. CST, and the main grandstands will open at 4 p.m. Hot laps are set to begin at approximately 6:30 p.m. The official track Web site is www.pikecountyspeedway.com. Tickets can be purchased by calling (504) 394-5530 .

Quotes from Kraig Kinser, driver of the No. 20 TSR/Bass Pro Shops/Chevy/Maxim:

It�s been three years since you last competed at Pike County Speedway . What do you most remember about the facility?

�In terms of the facility itself, I remember the shape and banking of the track. I also remember that it�s a very quick little track. When we ran there in 2005, the speed is what really impressed me. It�s been a while since I�ve been on tour with the World of Outlaws and I�m looking forward to revisiting some of the tracks we ran in 2005, which was my last full season with the series. I know that the TSR team will be prepared for whatever challenges Pike County presents and we�ll be ready to go Saturday night.�

Coming off the season opener last week, what are your goals for Saturday night�s event in Mississippi ?

�Coming away from Saturday night with a top-10 for the Bass Pro Shops/Chevy/Maxim team is definitely the priority. Right now, the team and I are still working to get comfortable with each other and I think we made some progress last week in Florida . The Chevy engines ran very well at Volusia last week. I just wish I�d been able to put up results that showed how well they performed. Ideally, we�d like to come away with a top-five finish or a win, and we�re going to go into the weekend working to move our program forward.

For complete WoO Sprint Series results from Pike County Speedway, log on to www.worldofoutlaws.com. For information regarding TSR, Bass Pro Shops, Chevy or Kinser, log on to www.tonystewartracing.com, www.basspro.com, www.chevy.com or www.kraigkinser.com.
Article Tools

Local Race Chat > Dirt Racing News > Driver Press Releases

Article Tools