Welcome to the Local Race Chat forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, Click here to join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Go Back   Local Race Chat > General Dirt Forums > Dirt Discussion
Register Gallery FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Google

Dirt Discussion Please discuss all your dirt topics here. Any Series, Any Division.

(#1) Old

rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb81racing
... plus the way our local tracks are hurting right now i dont see them making much changes that will cost them more $$ to do them things...
Ya know, I think we perpetuate that feeling without much in the way of facts. I'm not sure I buy that *any* of the tracks in eastern NC are "hurting" in any way other than having proper management to begin with. FMS and CLR seem like they are doing just fine with what they do. In my opinion, I'd rather see a poorly managed track CLOSED rather than have it open.

Sorry to get off my own topic... just wanted to take the opportunity to express my opinion on that.
  (#2) Old

RaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond repute
RaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infield pits- love 'em or leave 'em? - 02-12-2008, 01:42 PM

Rhett i agree with you there.Its all in the management
  (#3) Old

gb81racing has a reputation beyond reputegb81racing has a reputation beyond reputegb81racing has a reputation beyond reputegb81racing has a reputation beyond repute
gb81racing has a reputation beyond reputegb81racing has a reputation beyond reputegb81racing has a reputation beyond reputegb81racing has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infield pits- love 'em or leave 'em? - 02-12-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb
Ya know, I think we perpetuate that feeling without much in the way of facts. I'm not sure I buy that *any* of the tracks in eastern NC are "hurting" in any way other than having proper management to begin with. FMS and CLR seem like they are doing just fine with what they do. In my opinion, I'd rather see a poorly managed track CLOSED rather than have it open.

Sorry to get off my own topic... just wanted to take the opportunity to express my opinion on that.
well with that i never said how they are hurting but that they are hurting..if they were not hurting then why can clarys not stay open with the same management for longer than a yr? either low turnout in fans and drivers which means not enough support or either bad management..right? not just pointing out clarys either, look at WCS they closed and DMS dont seem to be doing that good even though they are open. idk nothing about this b/c i dont run a track but undoughtfully enough of something wasnt there to make them stay operating the place. right? and not all of our tracks are in dier need of help like some others. In any of the tracks cases hurting from support or management botton line is that they are hurting in one of the 2 if not both areas and if it is in the management area why would they care or even want to make changes in the first place? off topic but anyway
  (#4) Old

RaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond repute
RaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRaceJunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Thread split..:)
  (#5) Old

rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
rb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond reputerb has a reputation beyond repute
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
well with that i never said how they are hurting but that they are hurting..
Right- and my response wasn't directed entirely at what you said. It's directed at a general feeling that seems to be pervasive in this region. I've heard over and over how tracks are "suffering" or "hurting" and how some make this seem like it's a reflection of the region's *support* for racing. Granted, I'm new to this, but I strongly disagree with those generalizations. Heck, I've probably said similar things myself simply because I've heard it so much.

Quote:
if they were not hurting then why can clarys not stay open with the same management for longer than a yr? either low turnout in fans and drivers which means not enough support or either bad management..right?
No, not right, IMO. In the case of Clary's, it's my understanding that (for this year anyway) the current owners had more important priorities than operating the track. That's not a reflection of poor fan / driver support or poor management. I was never around when the folks that own Clary's operated it so I can't share an opinion on that and I have no idea why they leased it out in 2007.

Quote:
not just pointing out clarys either, look at WCS they closed and DMS dont seem to be doing that good even though they are open. idk nothing about this b/c i dont run a track but undoughtfully enough of something wasnt there to make them stay operating the place. right?
I think maybe that "something" could be effective business and management skills. From what I've witnessed here on the forum, as well as everything I've been told by several people, it seems pretty clear that WCS lost the support of fans and drivers by making poor management decisions. I don't know much about DMS but it seems to be able the same.

My main point to all of this is that the region's fans and drivers (and support of the sport overall) shouldn't take the hit on this and that's the way it could be portrayed.
Sponsored Links
  (#6) Old

racinMike69 has much to be proud ofracinMike69 has much to be proud ofracinMike69 has much to be proud ofracinMike69 has much to be proud ofracinMike69 has much to be proud ofracinMike69 has much to be proud of
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 10:22 PM

I don't know the tracks that have been mentioned in this thread, so my comments are just about the business in general.
1) Don’t blame the customers! The track needs them, but they can go somewhere else.
2) Sure, there’s lots of competing entertainment. So point out that you can play video games any time, or tape your TV shows, but you only get to see your racing heroes in action once a week!
3) Where’s the advertising? I rarely even hear the races mentioned on the radio stations that advertise at the track!
4) Why is the show so long? Barring weather or bad wrecks, most problems take too long to clean up. There’s nothing going on during intermission. Families can’t stay up past 10:00.
5) Car costs are out of hand. Several classes only have a few cars, while other cars sit at home. Promoters can’t afford the purses that some classes demand.
6) Are ticket prices in line with competing entertainment? I saw a track drop its ticket price a few dollars and get triple the number of people they usually get. Next week, the old prices were back and nobody came. Can you sell enough concessions to make up for less money at the door?
7) Do your racers feel that they are treated fairly, and have a fair chance to win? Rumors and suspicions need to be answered quickly and clearly.

Racing is business-to-business-to-customer. Each team is a business (it needs money to operate, and most have sponsors to represent), and of course each track is a business. So how about some cooperation?

these comments are the responsibility of Gary Pellett
  (#7) Old

wesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond repute
wesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond reputewesleycogdell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 11:40 PM

i totally agree with your post mike. the tracks have to do everything in their power to get people there. when they dont come to you, you have to go to them. Also, it takes a team effort among everyone that attends these tracks. its hard to get drivers to take their cars somewhere on a saturday morning to sit a few hours. Now the management thing. i agree that the management or lack there of can hurt a track. when you change management year after year, the drivers and fans dont know what to expect. the rules may change, the classes may change. if you have a long time management that keeps things relatively the same year after year, you will have a greater car count and fan count. its all about who is willing to stay in it for the long run.
  (#8) Old

jbatten21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb

yeah i like your post id rather se that also
  (#9) Old

CHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond repute
CHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 11:57 PM

I will say this................ Unless you have operated a race track, you have ABSOLUTLEY NO IDEA what it takes......... Everybody can be an ARM CHAIR PROMOTER.

As I have said for the last 5 years, is everyone that thinks they can do better and knows all the answers, there has been 2 or more tracks up for lease every year............SHOW US DONT TELL US !.

(#10) Old

tas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond repute
tas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond reputetas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - 02-12-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycogdell
i totally agree with your post mike. the tracks have to do everything in their power to get people there. when they dont come to you, you have to go to them. Also, it takes a team effort among everyone that attends these tracks. its hard to get drivers to take their cars somewhere on a saturday morning to sit a few hours. Now the management thing. i agree that the management or lack there of can hurt a track. when you change management year after year, the drivers and fans dont know what to expect. the rules may change, the classes may change. if you have a long time management that keeps things relatively the same year after year, you will have a greater car count and fan count. its all about who is willing to stay in it for the long run.
AMEN...
Sponsored Links
  (#11) Old

jhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond repute
jhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond reputejhofficial has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - Yesterday, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHansen
I will say this................ Unless you have operated a race track, you have ABSOLUTLEY NO IDEA what it takes......... Everybody can be an ARM CHAIR PROMOTER.

As I have said for the last 5 years, is everyone that thinks they can do better and knows all the answers, there has been 2 or more tracks up for lease every year............SHOW US DONT TELL US !.

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this preach on brother
  (#12) Old

CHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond repute
CHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond reputeCHansen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infield pits- love 'em or leave 'em? - Yesterday, 12:07 AM

Quote:
well with that i never said how they are hurting but that they are hurting..if they were not hurting then why can clarys not stay open with the same management for longer than a yr? either low turnout in fans and drivers which means not enough support or either bad management..right? not just pointing out clarys either, look at WCS they closed and DMS dont seem to be doing that good even though they are open. idk nothing about this b/c i dont run a track but undoughtfully enough of something wasnt there to make them stay operating the place. right? and not all of our tracks are in dier need of help like some others. In any of the tracks cases hurting from support or management botton line is that they are hurting in one of the 2 if not both areas and if it is in the management area why would they care or even want to make changes in the first place? off topic but anyway
THE BIGGEST FACTOR YOU SEEM TO LEAVE OUT, WHICH IS THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN ANY BUSINESS IS.........................

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
  (#13) Old

Re: Infield pits- love 'em or leave 'em? - Yesterday, 12:32 AM

Quote:
THE BIGGEST FACTOR YOU SEEM TO LEAVE OUT, WHICH IS THE BIGGEST FACTOR IN ANY BUSINESS IS.........................

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
what does location have to do with my post? i am talkin about tracks in need yes that may help (location that is) and get more ppl there but location dont help a management problem....i am talkin about all tracks not just pointing out clarys..as you can see i said WCS and DMS and from what i read on here yall say the location of WCS is good. but the management wasnt...so location has nothin to do with that. and BTW this thread name is Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? which says nothin about track location in that. so which track mentioned has a location problem??? not WCS and i would say not DMS b/c with the right management there fields would be even better.... and if you are referring to clarys about location..they have stayed in operation in the past and i am sure there are more ppl moving into the area and not more ppl leaving the area..and do the new ppl and same ppl even know about a race track being there? but i do understand that location is a factor.. so that sayin you build it and they will come is not accurate right? b/c it might not be built in the right so called LOCATION
  (#14) Old

Re: Infield pits- love 'em or leave 'em? - Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Quote:
what does location have to do with my post? i am talkin about tracks in need yes that may help (location that is) and get more ppl there but location dont help a management problem....i am talkin about all tracks not just pointing out clarys..as you can see i said WCS and DMS and from what i read on here yall say the location of WCS is good. but the management wasnt...so location has nothin to do with that. and BTW this thread name is Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? which says nothin about track location in that. so which track mentioned has a location problem??? not WCS and i would say not DMS b/c with the right management there fields would be even better.... and if you are referring to clarys about location..they have stayed in operation in the past and i am sure there are more ppl moving into the area and not more ppl leaving the area..and do the new ppl and same ppl even know about a race track being there? but i do understand that location is a factor.. so that sayin you build it and they will come is not accurate right? b/c it might not be built in the right so called LOCATION
You are a fast learner........ EXCATLY! What you said is, that a track fail's due to lack of support or bad managment..........There are so many other factors involved to just mention two........... Espically when you leave out some of the most important ones.
  (#15) Old

Dirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond repute
Dirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtfan_21 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Track Management the cause of tracks suffering? - Yesterday, 12:41 AM

Quote:

I totally agree Charlie..
Sponsored Links

Local Race Chat > General Dirt Forums > Dirt Discussion