3 Aces

 

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kenseth OUT at Rousch in 2013

  1. #1
    Join Date
    07-04-2008
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 230 Times in 112 Posts

    Kenseth OUT at Rousch in 2013

    From www.Jayski.com

    Roush Fenway Racing announced that 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will compete for the team full-time in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition beginning in 2013, while Matt Kenseth and Roush Fenway will part ways at the conclusion of the 2012 season. "Ricky Stenhouse Jr. has more than proved his abilities on the race track," said team co-owner Jack Roush. "We feel that he is not only a key piece of our team's future, but a key piece of the future of the sport. Roush Fenway is an organization with a wonderful past and present, as well as an extremely promising future, and I can't think of a better candidate than Ricky to usher in the next era of success for the team. Of course, I'd like to thank Matt Kenseth for his many years of loyal service," added Roush. "Matt has been an integral part of this organization for well over a decade, and we are extremely appreciative of his accomplishments and contributions to the team, and will always consider him a part of the Roush Fenway family.

    -Matt Kenseth declined to discuss his future with Roush Fenway Racing before Sunday's race at Sonoma, but
    Kenseth's name this weekend was linked to both Joe Gibbs Racing, a Toyota team, and Penske Racing, which is moving from Dodge to Ford in 2013. Kenseth is a longtime Ford driver. JGR team president J.D. Gibbs declined to discuss any possible negotiations with Kenseth. JGR not only has room for expansion to a fourth car, but Joey Logano's status as driver of the #20 is currently unresolved. Logano is in the final year of his contract. "I'm not allowed to talk," he said.
    Roger Penske was not at Sunday's race, but senior vice president of Penske Corp., Bud Denker said the team is not talking to Kenseth and is content with AJ Allmendinger in the #22. "Our expectations are that AJ will be in the car and Todd (Gordon) will be the crew chief next year," Denker said. "So we are not talking to Matt, that's confirmed." The Penske move to Ford has led to talk the organization could be a potential home for Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. or 2011 Daytona 500 winner Trevor Bayne, who are both in long-term contracts with Roush but are stymied because of sponsorship woes

  2. #2
    Join Date
    07-04-2008
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 230 Times in 112 Posts

    Re: Kenseth OUT at Rousch in 2013

    Pretty big announcement, considering he is the current Points Leader.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    02-24-2006
    Location
    Red Springs, NC
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Kenseth OUT at Rousch in 2013

    He will be in the 20 car... He is getting older and Roush wanted Stenhouse in Cup since last year

  4. #4
    Join Date
    07-04-2008
    Location
    Wilson
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    562
    Thanked 230 Times in 112 Posts

    Re: Kenseth OUT at Rousch in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Stutts View Post
    He will be in the 20 car... He is getting older and Roush wanted Stenhouse in Cup since last year
    I think you are right Greg. This is probably worse news for Logano than it is for Kenseth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    11-10-2009
    Location
    Fayetteville,NC
    Posts
    987
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts

    Re: Kenseth OUT at Rousch in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtnut View Post
    I think you are right Greg. This is probably worse news for Logano than it is for Kenseth.
    Logano was on the hot seat even if Kenseth wasn't leaving there is always Kurt Busch too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •