3 Aces

Thread: My Wrangler Jeans Sponsorship of NTPA

Thanks

My Wrangler Jeans Sponsorship of NTPA

I worked for several years as Manager, Wrangler NASCAR Special Events from 1980-1984 and in December 1982 we became the title sponsor of the NTPA and Mike, my assistant Wrangler program manager for NASCAR, eventually took over the Wrangler NTPA Series sponsorship program manager position, before going to work for the NTPA (in 1984, I believe) in Sandusky, OH, maybe?

One of the very interesting things going on was that the beautiful Margaret Claud who was Miss Winston in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series was our Miss Wrangler in NTPA during her off weekends from stock car racing.

I remember in January of 1984 freezing my fanny off in Indianapolis at an NTPA indoor pull at the Fairgrounds. It was not fun walking on Indy ice in western boots!

Anybody who thinks stock cars are loud ought to attend an indoor tractor pull. Seems to me that a rig named "Making Bacon" was the big name puller at the time.

Hard to believe 30 years has gone by that quickly.
    Last edited by DaveHFulton; 02-28-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks

Re: My Wrangler Jeans Sponsorship of NTPA

Couldn't remember Mike's last name when I made the original post, but it was Mike Allen who was my assistant program manager at Wrangler Jeans who took the post to lead the NTPA in early 80s.

Thanks

Re: My Wrangler Jeans Sponsorship of NTPA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pull1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	16392

NTPA Championship Pulling Series Hat circa 1983-1984.