Billy Ogle Jr. Wins Southern All Star Championship

MARYVILLE, Tenn. (Nov. 21) In an exciting finish to the Southern All Star Series (SAS) season Billy Ogle Jr. and the Blount Motorsport team won the SAS Championship by a scant 4 points.

Ogle was the first to qualify and when he went into turn one the car hit water on the track and went straight. Straight into the wall. He was able to nurse the car back to the pits where the BMS team went to work.

“This championship belongs to the team. With the job they did replacing the whole right front suspension there is no doubt about it, this is their championship,” said Ogle shaking his head. “I was in shock. The fact that there was water on the track made me feel a little better, but I was in shock.”

After the crew completely replaced the right front suspension and got it back together Ogle went back out for one lap of qualifying.

“When I got into the car to go back out David (Bryant) told me the car was good and I needed to go for it,” continued Ogle. “I don’t think we could have come back from starting in the back so I knew I had to get a good lap in.

His one and only lap of qualifying gave him a tenth place starting position in the feature.

“William (Thomas) had a better car in the first part of the race and I knew that if I finished behind him we were going to be tied and I would win the tie breaker. We were able to get around William on the restart with 15 to go and that took care of everything.

I have to say it again. The team won this championship. B.J, David, Larry, Tommy and everyone else involved with Blount Motorsports gets the credit for this one. And not only because of their heroics during the last race, but what they did all season long,” concluded Ogle.

Teammate Tommy Kerr went into the final event third in points, just four points ahead of David Payne. Payne would take over third moving Kerr back to a fourth place finish in the final championship points.

Blount Motorsports enjoys sponsorship from Arnold Trucking, Bearden Oil Company, Blount Excavating, Cherokee Millwright, GEOServices, Insurance Partners, Massey Electric, Stowers (CAT) Machinery Corp. and Wine and Spirits Cellar.

They race Rocket chassis powered by Custom Race Engines with Dyer’s Top Rods and Gibbs Oil. The shocks are from Öhlins, chassis and suspension components from TWM, drive train components from Quarter Master, Sunoco Race Fuel from Bearden Oil and tires from Hoosier Racing Tires.

For more information on Blount Motorsports go to www.blountmotorsports.com