Clash

Thread: Remembering the Legends

Thanks

Remembering the Legends

Today would have been my late Grandfather Jimmie Edwards Sr.'s 77th birthday... It sure doesn't seem like it has been 7 years since he left us. He may be gone but he will never be forgotten!

Today also marks the one year anniversary of the tragic passing of Ed Gibbons...

These were two great men of our sport who were taken away too soon...
    Just thought they deserve some remembrance!

Thanks

Re: Remembering the Legends

You're right DirtDiva!! Jimmy Edwards was a great person and i sure did enjoy talking to him at the track.I could go to him and ask about tire stagger,air pressure,conpound,or whatever in reference to a set up for that nights race and whatever he told me, i could take to the bank!!! Yes sir,that rascal knew his racecar stuff!!! And no,it don't seen like its been 7 yrs. now since he left us!!! Will always remember those #48's

Thanks

Re: Remembering the Legends

It really does not seem like its been 7 years since Hank's dad passed away. We have missed him and Hank's mom Shirley so much. Sometimes being at the race track doesn't seem the same without Jimmy being there. Ed Gibbons was a fine man and a great race car driver. He will truly be missed.