Carolina Speedway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a post from another racing web site concerning the Banning of the UCAR Clash from RaceRap

Thanks

This is a post from another racing web site concerning the Banning of the UCAR Clash from RaceRap

Sleepy
    Administrator

Re: UCar Clash Banned from that Purple site
    « Reply #2 on: Jan 26th, 2010, 07:50am » I'd have to say that the banning of the "Clash for Cash" and Walls Roofing (Larry Walls) came as a bit of a surprise, since there hadn't been any measurable rumors of trouble in paradise. It had been assumed that Walls Roofing was a paying advertiser on RaceRap and was being promoted based upon the advertising revenue as well as the seemingly enormous amount of "hits" generated by both the Clash for Cash Series and the growing number of U-Car enthusiasts from tracks all over the East. If the latter is the case then I'd have to say that the banning of the #1 U-Car group in the country seems to be a poor strategy on the part of RaceRap.

Banning a Series from a site translates into at least a partial ban on every participant in that series, given that the exchange of information about that particular series is also banned. Banning a series from RaceRap isn't something new, as the Rolling Thunder Modifieds were also banned from that site a few years ago because of their affiliation with TRE. Whether something like that is fair or not isn't necessarily the motivating force behind such a decision as much as is the self-righteous attitude of those doing the banning. When any entity declares itself to be dedicated to "cleaning up" the InterNet of "trash sites", which the female owner of RR has decreed both TRE and any other site which goes against her edicts and prejudicial religious values to be, that entity becomes no different than the most contemptible scourge upon the freedom and dignity of every other human being in the world... and the infringement upon that dignity and those freedoms are plainly exhibited by the action against Larry Walls, the Clash for Cash and every U-Car racer in the country.

Copied from www.racingontheedge.com

Thanks

Re: This is a post from another racing web site www.racingontheedge.com concerning the Banning of the UCAR Clash from RR

Man RR sucks! I had forgotten about that place. I think the last time I was on there was about 5 yrs ago. Oh well, their loss for banning the U Car Clash.

Thanks

Re: This is a post from another racing web site concerning the Banning of the UCAR Clash from RaceRap

I would be leary of this administrator/author. He will turn on you like a pit bull if you don't agree with his political or religious views. The other site referenced is just about dead, unlike LRC.
    Last edited by 4_Barrel; 01-28-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks

Re: This is a post from another racing web site concerning the Banning of the UCAR Clash from RaceRap

LRC is the Walls Roofing UCAR Clash new home we will be posting some things on other web sites but not as much as here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4_Barrel View Post
    I would be leary of this administrator/author. He will turn on you like a pit bull if you don't agree with his political or religious views. The other site referenced is just about dead, unlike LRC.
    I have know Sleepy for years, never known him to turn on anyone. The site itself may not get as many views as LRC but I dont see how it is dead. There is always post on there that are new and by different people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redclay Rebel View Post
    I have know Sleepy for years, never known him to turn on anyone. The site itself may not get as many views as LRC but I dont see how it is dead. There is always post on there that are new and by different people.
    One particular poster posts under 5 different names. Somedays when they have posts, he is the only poster. Sometimes they go 3 or 4 days with no posts. The total nimber of posters is about 6 I would say.

Thanks

Well its a known fact that racerap sucks I wish that while I was at the Peidmont racing expo with my camera I would have taken a picture of their booth but I will describe as I remember lol.........

One Table with white sheet over it one laptop one banner with there logo and one lonely fat boy sitting there reading LRC to see who was coming to the show lol it was sad there was nobody around their booth AT ALL!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4_Barrel View Post
    One particular poster posts under 5 different names. Somedays when they have posts, he is the only poster. Sometimes they go 3 or 4 days with no posts. The total nimber of posters is about 6 I would say.
    since I know about a dozen people over there I'd say your info is wrong. I think centerpoint and sleepy do a fine job

Thanks

No, my info is correct. I know John and others there also. They are lucky to have 3 posts by different people a day. Their keeper has run them off. Besides, Jerry doesn't even post any more. They posted several months ago they were bought by an outsider, not sure that was even true.

Thanks

I think the bottom line here is that all forums but one are working together to keep the tracks and touring series in our region open and the news that is related to them out here for all to read. We as poster need to go to all sites and keep them alive and well for the future of motor sports

The Walls Roofing UCAR Clash is now on four radio shows
    Kick'n Asphalt with Doc Love
    Lets Talk Racing with Roger Brehm
    S.T.A.R.S. Radio With Jerry Smith
    BurningRubberRadio.com With Andy Delay
    You can find a link to all four on my web site so you can here their shows www.ucarclash.com
    All four of those shows are working together to make the UCAR Clash more visible in 2010
    All four of those radio shows will be at one or more races this year working together to promote the Walls Roofing UCAR Clash.
    This is what I am talking about when I say lets keep all of our racing sites alive and well in the year of 2010 and beyond.

Thanks for your time
    Larry P. Walls
    www.ucarclash.com
    www.wallsroofing.com
    919-291-0938
    Last edited by WallsRoofing71; 01-31-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba0369 View Post
    Well its a known fact that racerap sucks I wish that while I was at the Peidmont racing expo with my camera I would have taken a picture of their booth but I will describe as I remember lol.........

One Table with white sheet over it one laptop one banner with there logo and one lonely fat boy sitting there reading LRC to see who was coming to the show lol it was sad there was nobody around their booth AT ALL!
    Randall, that made me laugh..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Randall, that made me laugh..
    Your right about the wonder boy being fat LOL and lonely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast