FUEL series

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qualify and let top 8 REDRAW??????? NO HEAT

Thanks

Qualify and let top 8 REDRAW??????? NO HEAT

I was wondering instead of lettin Latemodels
    Heat race one week and Qualify next week just let it be called the Quick 8........ QUALIFY them every week and let the top 8 Drivers REDRAW Again that will be starting order for that night instead of Heat racing and qualifing every other week..... gives the pole man a chance to start on the pole........JMO

Thanks

Re: Qualify and let top 8 REDRAW??????? NO HEAT

That would work well as long as no one working at the track and is affiliated with one of the top 8 cars has the redraw bad.

Thanks

I hope these late models guys around here never travel out to the midwest and race. It's all heat races mainly around there. Of course most of them understand they have a RACEcar.

Jimmy, that ain't in no way knocking you or any other late model driver or crew member. I've worked on cars myself during the week myself, so I know how much of a pain in the rear it can be. But these are racecars.

Let the bashing begin, because I know it's coming.
    Jason Rhodes
    That Country Hick from the Sticks

Thanks

for the last points race being its double point, why not qualify an start where u qualify, straight up racing like before, an let the front runners battle it out
    Posted with Mobile Device

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JRhodes View Post
    I hope these late models guys around here never travel out to the midwest and race. It's all heat races mainly around there. Of course most of them understand they have a RACEcar.

Jimmy, that ain't in no way knocking you or any other late model driver or crew member. I've worked on cars myself during the week myself, so I know how much of a pain in the rear it can be. But these are racecars.

Let the bashing begin, because I know it's coming.
    lmao..... i know what ya mean......but this is to keep a good field of locals thats all....cause some of the cars get messed up in the heat race they might not be fixed for the main depending how bad it is......bubba your right let all eight draw in the order they qualify in front of fans on front straight away before the main event start...that would be the best way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrhodes View Post
    i hope these late models guys around here never travel out to the midwest and race. It's all heat races mainly around there. Of course most of them understand they have a racecar.

Jimmy, that ain't in no way knocking you or any other late model driver or crew member. I've worked on cars myself during the week myself, so i know how much of a pain in the rear it can be. But these are racecars.

Let the bashing begin, because i know it's coming.
    it's hardly worth it but show me these midwest tracks that are laid out like clr.with 4 foot cement inside and out with very little grip so breaks arn't worth a crap when someone in front of you spins......9times outta 10
    your gonna bend something.heat races are for the fans and most of them have no idea what it cost to own and maintain a latemodel, cox auto dose
    not stock parts them.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbatten21 View Post
    I was wondering instead of lettin Latemodels
    Heat race one week and Qualify next week just let it be called the Quick 8........ QUALIFY them every week and let the top 8 Drivers REDRAW Again that will be starting order for that night instead of Heat racing and qualifing every other week..... gives the pole man a chance to start on the pole........JMO
    I know as a race driver and a car owner it sucks to heat race.................... But the FANS want to see RACING.........If they wanted to see time trials they would go to the drag stip........ One of my observations is you can operate a race track with a grandstand full of fans, and two race cars on the track, but the track will be closed if you have 2 fans in the stands and 25 race cars on the track.

I know there is a balance, and one can not exsist with out the other, but local tracks need to put racing back into racing, and get away from the "NASCAR" mentality. I mean look where Nascar and thier fan base is going.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KMB63 View Post
    it's hardly worth it but show me these midwest tracks that are laid out like clr.with 4 foot cement inside and out with very little grip so breaks arn't worth a crap when someone in front of you spins......9times outta 10
    your gonna bend something.heat races are for the fans and most of them have no idea what it cost to own and maintain a latemodel, cox auto dose
    not stock parts them.......
    There are several around...............here is one.............here is another............
    and another.............. Tracks like CLR are not that uncommon. Take note the pictures are for the most part accidents......... Unfortunalty it is part of racing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chansen View Post
    i know as a race driver and a car owner it sucks to heat race.................... But the fans want to see racing.........if they wanted to see time trials they would go to the drag stip........ One of my observations is you can operate a race track with a grandstand full of fans, and two race cars on the track, but the track will be closed if you have 2 fans in the stands and 25 race cars on the track.

I know there is a balance, and one can not exsist with out the other, but local tracks need to put racing back into racing, and get away from the "nascar" mentality. I mean look where nascar and thier fan base is going.

---------- post added at 03:09 pm ---------- previous post was at 02:42 pm ----------

there are several around...............here is one.............here is another............
    and another.............. Tracks like clr are not that uncommon. Take note the pictures are for the most part accidents......... Unfortunalty it is part of racing.
    agreed,but these cars are not 8 foot wide,17ft.long latemodels.......and i'm not seeing the inside wall

kenash21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CHansen View Post
    I know as a race driver and a car owner it sucks to heat race.................... But the FANS want to see RACING.........If they wanted to see time trials they would go to the drag stip........ One of my observations is you can operate a race track with a grandstand full of fans, and two race cars on the track, but the track will be closed if you have 2 fans in the stands and 25 race cars on the track.

I know there is a balance, and one can not exsist with out the other, but local tracks need to put racing back into racing, and get away from the "NASCAR" mentality. I mean look where Nascar and thier fan base is going.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

There are several around...............here is one.............here is another............
    and another.............. Tracks like CLR are not that uncommon. Take note the pictures are for the most part accidents......... Unfortunalty it is part of racing.
    Yes u are right ...it is good for the fans but u forget ...the fans don't have a dime in these race cars ...all they are is a 15 dollar spectator ...but ur right ...heat races are great for the fans

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenash21 View Post
    Yes u are right ...it is good for the fans but u forget ...the fans don't have a dime in these race cars ...all they are is a 15 dollar spectator ...but ur right ...heat races are great for the fans
    Well I'm sure that is what the fans want to read right there that has got to be the statement of the year.
    If it wasn't for those 15 dollar spectators you wouldn't have anywhere to race cause they keep the gates open.

Thanks

Heat race or qualify,either way is fine with us. Its the same for all the LM teams.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba0369 View Post
    Well I'm sure that is what the fans want to read right there that has got to be the statement of the year.
    If it wasn't for those 15 dollar spectators you wouldn't have anywhere to race cause they keep the gates open.
    Agree Bubba, the fans help pay the purse

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast