Sept. 10 (Thurs.) Tri-County Southeastern Sportsman Series (features only, rain make-up) hot laps 7:00. www.southeasternlatemodel.info

Sept. 11 (Fri.) Boyd's Steel-head Border War $2000 to win + Regular Racing Program http://www.boydsspeedway.com

Sept. 11 (Fri.) Oglethorpe Shriners Race LMs + three local classes www.ospracing.net

Sept. 11 (Fri.) Anderson 10th Annual Reece Fant Memorial Shrine Race, proceeds go directly to the Shriner’s Hospitals for Children. Shrine Clowns, plus stock car racing in six divisions. www.andersonmotorspeedway.com

Sept. 11-12 Talladega Short Track Go kart racing only
http://www.talladegashorttrack.com

Sept. 12 Hartwell Fan Apprec. Night racing at 7:00 (last pts. race) Racing in Limited Late Model/ Crate Late Model/Modified Street/Stock V-8/ Stock Four Cylinders/ Young Guns/ Up Fronts. http://www.hartwellspeedway.com

Sept. 12 Dixie Full racing program, last '09 points race. Super Late Models, Limited Late Models, Crate Late Models, Super & Econo Bombers, Pony Stock, and Cruisers. Plus Motorcycle Show 5-7 PM. $10. http://www.dixiespeedway.com

Sept. 12 Lanier James Garrison Memorial 100 laps, plus all local divs. http://www.asasoutheastasphalttour.com

Sept. 12 Gordon Park Regular Race + $1000 To Win For Crate Late Model race and Powder Puff race. www.gordonparkspeedway.net

Sept. 12 Screven Southeastern Latemodel Sportsman Series www.southeasternlatemodel.info

Sept. 12 Augusta International Raceway Preservation Society (AIRPS) 6th Annual "Augusta Vintage Nationals" 9:00 a.m., HOF induction 3:00 p.m. www.augustavintagenationals.com www.augustainternationalraceway.com

Sept. 12 Waycross Local racing www.wayxspeedway.com

Sept. 12 Dublin/411 Local divs. http://www.441speedway.com/

Sept. 12 Swainsboro Racing in all divs. 8:00 p.m. $10. http://www.swainsbororaceway.com/

Sept. 12 South Georgia Dirt Late Models / SGMP Asphalt Series http://www.racesgmp.com

Sept. 12 Watermelon Capital Bandoleros, Legends, Go Carts, Claimers, Mini Stock, Super Street, and Pure Stock. Racing at 730pm. http://www.watermeloncapitalspeedway.com

Sept. 12 East Alabama AL State Rules Race http://www.eamsdirt.com

Sept. 18-19 Talladega Short Track Dega 100 $10,000 to win crate LMs http://talladegashorttrack.com

Sept. 18-19 Lavonia Georgia State Championships Sept. 18-19, with a $5000 to win Southern All Stars show, plus the FASTRAK late models ($3000 to win) and the Southeastern LM Sportsman Series ($1200 to win) all Saturday. $25. www.lavoniadirttrack.com http://www.southern-allstars.com/osas/schedule.htm

---- ---- ---- ----

The Augusta International Speedway Preservation Society will host it's annual racer reumion on Saturday. There will be a car show outside for the people with vintage race cars, and another car show for rods, customs etc. There will also be an induction of former racers into the Hall of Fame at 3 pm.. The event is from 9 am to 3 pm and takes place at the old Augusta International Speedway road course. It is now called Diamond Lakes Regional Park and is located on Windsor Spring Rd, between Tobacco and Willis Forman Roads. There is also a library with a large auditorum, and we will also have vendors, drivers signing autographs, etc in it.
Also, after the car show, Gordon Park Speedway has said the vintage car racers are welcome to run some hot laps on the track.

The Southeastern Latemodel Sportsman Series will then travel back to the Tri County Speedway (Murphy, NC) on Thursday for the conclusion of the rained out event from Saturday. Top 10 qualifiers were 1.Charlie Parker / 2.Jamie Oliver / 3.Trig Parris / 4.Wesley English / 5.David McCoy / 6.Bobby Panter / 7.Danny Ledford / 8.Stephen Segars / 9.Devin Dillbeck / 10.Preston Crisp.
Saturday the Series will travel to the Screven Motor Speedway for a 35 lap $1,200 to win event. www.southeasternlatemodel.info

Lee Sutton inherited the lead on lap fifteen and never looked back claiming victory in the annual Rome Boss event at Rome International Speedway Sunday. Jake Knowles jumped to the early lead, leading the first eight laps of the event until breaking a driveshaft coming down for a re-start. This gave the point to Travis Pennington who would lead the next six laps before a right-rear flat would stall his evening.
Lee Sutton then inherited the lead and held off the field to claim the victory and $3,000 payday. Sutton. age 26, from Taylorsville, has shined as the 2009 season comes to a close. In 36 starts, he has three wins, 13 top fives, and 19 top tens. He ran four of the Southern Nationals shows in July, with a high finish of 14th at Bull's Gap. He's going to try his first Southern All Stars $5000 to win show at Lavonia's GA State Championships Sept. 19. And he's single. http://www.leesuttonracing.com

Gresham Motor Sports Park has announced their World Crown Weekend schedule. We had hoped they would include a Super Late Model race, but we'll have to wait until 2010 for that. This is the old Peach State half-mile, now totally remodeled. Friday's Legends races will be on a new infield quarter-mile. There's lots of pictures on their website.
Nov. 13-15 Peach State/Gresham Motor Sports Park World Crown Weekend
Fri.: 7 pm Feature Events
Bandoleros - 25 laps, 2 divisions, 15 min clock Trophy to win
Legends - 25 laps, 4 divisions, 15 min clock
Thunder Roadsters - 30 laps
Sat.: 5 pm Qualifying for World Crown pro late models
7 pm Feature Events
Mini Stocks 50 laps
Iceman 35 laps
Last Chance Race for Late Models (Laps TBD)
Trucks 75 laps
Renegades 50 laps
Sun.: 1:15 pm Opening Ceremonies, Driver Introductions
2 pm Feature Event World Crown 300
http://www.greshammotorsportspark.com/

Andrew Smith, 2008 Legends National Champion, Preparing for Title Defense
The end of summer is not a signal to slow down the racing action for Pooler, Georgia’s, Andrew Smith. Instead, it means loading up and heading across country for some intense competition as he prepares for the INEX Nationals in October.
The first leg of the journey will take Andrew to the Bell County Expo Center in Belton, TX, on September 6 for some Legends arena dirt track action at the Central Texas State Fair in an arena seating 30,000. A victory in this INEX Regional Qualifier event would give Andrew an automatic berth in the Legends Dirt Nationals at East Lincoln Speedway in October.
ThenAndrew will jet over to Rockingham, North Carolina for the finals of the Humpy’s Heroes Driver Development Program on September 8-9. Andrew will face off against 9 other competitors in the Fast Track High Performance Driving School-prepared, NASCAR/ARCA-style racing machines for an all-out battle to determine who will take home the gold in the prestigious competition.
Andrew will then return to Texas for some further tune-up races in preparation for the upcoming INEX championships. Tentative plans call for Andrew to make a stop in Las Vegas before returning to the Lanier National Speedway on October 8-10 for the 2009 INEX RaceCeiver Asphalt Nationals.
The following week, Andrew will travel to the East Lincoln Speedway in North Carolina for the INEX RaceCeiver Dirt Nationals before finally returning home to begin preparations for the Legends Road Course Nationals in Las Vegas in December.
You can follow Andrew’s progress at http://www.andrewsmithracing.com.

Daniels Chevrolet Labor Day Kick-off at Swainsboro Raceway:
Driggers Concrete Road Warriors, $500 to win: Austin Scarboro rolled into Victory Lane, Joey Lamb picked up second, Dustin Wilson third, Rob Watkins fourth, and Jordan Thigpen fifth.
Daniels Chevrolet Pure Stocks, $1500 to win: Luke Scott held on for Victory Lane, Dustin Watkins second, Mark Driggers third, Kyle Johnson fourth, and Brent Herndon fifth.
Battling for $2000 in the Sunoco Super Street division: Jimmy Sharpe, Jr took the checkered and Shawn Snellings second. However, post race inspection in the “House of Pain” brought different results. Picking up the check, Benjie Donaldson was declared the winner. John Bratcher picked up second, Jason Floyd third, Ricky Brantley fourth, and Danny Scarboro fifth.
R & R Electrical Crate Late Model division for $2500: Wendell Chavous picked up the feature event win, Jordy Nipper second, Henry Carter third, Bob Robertson fourth, and Brandon Overton fifth.
Love’s Seafood Mini Stock division, $1500 to win: Jason Arrington was forced to pit and Thompson restarted in the rear. Joey Schoen rolled into Victory Lane, Roger McKenzie picked up second, Timmy Thompson third, Terry Cox fourth, and Jamey Coker fifth.

Atlanta Motor Speedway officials are looking forward to 2010. The 1.54-mile quad-oval will once again host two NASCAR race weekends, March 5-7 and Sept. 3-5, 2010.
The spring race weekend will again feature NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Kobalt Tools 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, and will kick off with one of the fastest nights in NASCAR, Georgia Power Qualifying Night.
The Labor Day weekend will showcase night racing in the south, with both the NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series taking to the track under the lights.
Atlanta Motor Speedway Marketing and Promotions Director Marcy Scott couldn’t be at the race this weekend, but many AMS staff, reporters and friends wore pink Sunday in honor of her fight against breast cancer. And although she wasn’t present in the media center, she was glued to her TV and her Blackberry, communicating with staff throughout the weekend.

The fourth annual NASCAR Foundation Blood and Marrow Drive returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway on Sept. 30 to assist the American Red Cross in refueling blood banks. Donors get a pace car ride around the track. http://foundation.nascar.com

Ray Cook, of Brasstown, NC scored the biggest win of his racing career on Monday afternoon at Tyler County Speedway as he captured the 41st Annual Hillbilly Hundred sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. Cook won $41,000 after winning his fourth series race of 2009 in a race that was postponed on Sunday Night after 39 laps were run because of rain. Earl Pearson Jr. of Jacksonville, FL chased Cook over the final 61 circuits to finish second followed by Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg, TN, Jimmy Owens of Newport, TN and Dale McDowell of Chickamauga, GA.
In the Lucas Oil Victory Lane, Cook thanked his car owners Danny Dishman and Ronald Ivey who field the D&R Racing Team out of Kingston, TN. "I have to thank God for giving us a good safe race, I want to thank MasterSbilt Race Cars for their help - this new style car has been great to work with, Race Engine Design for the motor help, and American Racer Tires. This car was hooked up all race long and I want to thank my wife, Peggy, for being here with our three daughters," said Cook who biggest previous win was the $34,000 Show-Me 100 at West Plains Motor Speedway in 2000.
Cook's number 53 is sponsored by Hicks and Ingle Company General Contracting, A+ Moving and Storage, PRC, VP Racing Fuels, PPM Racing Products, Real Racing Wheels, K&N Filters, Integra Racing Shocks and GW Performance.
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
2009 Championship Points Standings
1. Scott Bloomquist (Mooresburg, TN) 6700
2. Jimmy Owens (Newport, TN) 6500
3. Earl Pearson Jr. (Jacksonville, FL) 6255
4. Dale McDowell (Chickamauga, GA) 6250
5. Don O'Neal (Martinsville, IN) 6060
6. Ray Cook (Brasstown, NC) 5890
www.lucasdirt.com

ASA Southeast Asphalt Tour report
As September rolls around, short track racers across the southeast are preparing to compete in the 2nd annual James Garrison Memorial. His legacy is well known in the racing community, and many teams are setting out to honor his contribution to the sport at Lanier Speedway on September 12. American Speed Association Southeast drivers, who can include this event in their schedule, are encouraged to compete in the event. However, this will not be an ASA sanctioned points paying event. Any driver who currently competes in the ASA Southeast series will be able to enter the event under the current ASA Southeast rules package, but every team will have to increase the weight of their late model by 50 pounds. The competitors in the James Garrison Memorial will be inspected by the Lanier Speedway technical staff, and run the Hoosier tire.
The ASA Southeast Asphalt Tour championship battle resumes Sept. 26 at Hickory (NC) Motor Speedway. Many teams will be hitting the track to prove that they have what it takes to contend for the 2009 title. As points leader Jason Hogan looks to take the Hickory trophy as he did one year ago, tour regulars like TJ Reaid and Max Gresham will look to steal that momentum. Front Runners Jeff Choquette and Chase Elliot may have an advantage on the competition, as they return to Hickory just weeks after they dominated a late model race at the same track earlier in the month. There are plenty of other hungry drivers like series regulars Tyler Millwood and Tyler Miles. These young guns are looking to spoil the party as they have not only been gaining track experience, but they have also been taking that experience and using it to compile top 10 finishes.
The "ASA SAT Championship Stretch" Bonus Point Standings have been reset, placing five drivers - TJ Reaid, Jason Hogan, Max Gresham, John Bolen, and Chase Elliott - within 23 points of leader Paul Kelley.
The remaining ASA SAT races:
Sept. 26th Hickory Motor Speedway
October 3rd Dillon Motor Speedway
October 10th Desoto Super Speedway*
October 24th Hickory Motor Speedway
Nov. 5th-7th Concord Speedway
www.asasoutheastasphalttour.com

JONES WINS AT COCHRAN SPEEDWAY
By: Rev. Todd Shearin
Stevie Jones won the late model feature from the pole. Brad Comer came in second and 18 year old Blake Smith had an awesome run to finish third. This marks the 8th time Jones has won this year. Ten cars started the race and there were 11 cautions.
Points leader Josh Odom held off Cameron Hall and Matt Baker to win the sportsman feature. Bobby Piper was the big winner in pure stock action. Piper scored the $1000.00 first place prize by staying out front the entire race. Don Guy ran a very strong second staying close to Piper throughout the race and closed to within a car length at the stripe. Michael Davis was third.
Scooter Smith made a rare appearance in the cadet division driving Bobby Piper’s car and taking the win over Dustin Miller and Kyle Conyer. Thirteen cars took the green and the action was great throughout the field. Wesley Brown bested newcomer Cody Gilder and Wil Herrington to win the road warrior feature.
All of you see that this week’s article is short and to the point. I was busy well into the early morning hours after the race Saturday trying to intercede for all involved in an altercation that night. For those of you that were there you know what I’m referring to. Sunday morning service and a funeral immediately afterwards while working the phone literally every moment in between left me barely able to get this story in by the press release deadline.
I’m not complaining, rather I’m explaining. Maybe later I’ll share my thoughts concerning Saturday night’s events or maybe I’ll take them to God and leave it at that.
I will say I have a heavy heart and an overall sick feeling in my stomach. I feel that God called me to this track and I love all of you and you know it. I have been criticized and judged by folks saying a real preacher would not go around a racetrack and on and on. I have never been two faced about what I do, I am far from perfect but have always responded by trying to live right rather than just talk it. I never let someone else’s opinion get in the way of me doing God’s will at a racetrack or anywhere else for that matter!
I will defend you to the end when we are right, but I will also not excuse or sugar coat it when we are wrong and I WIIL NOT join myself to or endorse something that soils the nature of my God!
What happened Saturday was wrong like it, lump it, jump it, or dump it, IT WAS WRONG! Now I must really seek God and do a lot of soul searching as to what is really pleasing to him concerning my place and future at the track. You see, yall are more than entertainers and performers to me you are my friends and most of you have sat at my table and been to either my home or church or both. Some folks like and encourage chaos and trouble but trust me when you love those involved and see the heartache and problems that are left to sort out after everyone else has forgotten about it then you would think differently.
If you think I’m “preaching” well maybe I am and I don’t apologize for anything that I have said! This is one of the few times that I’ll ask all of you to pray for Pastor Todd for God’s will in my life so that I may do the right thing.
The go carts will race Friday night the Lord willing.

Per Laurens County (SC) Speedway Management
The following individuals have been barred from the Laurens County Speedway effective today, August 25, 2009, due to obtaining the true and correct names of the below individuals.
Codey Kimberlin - permanently
Lee Vaderford - permanently
D.J. Eaton - permanently
John Goforth - permanently
Tommy Baker Jr. - 365 days from today's date
John Paul Baker - 365 days from today's date
J. R. Baker - 365 days from today's date
Shun Thomas - 365 days from today's date
www.laurensspeedway.com
From [ame="http://www.trackforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119684"]List of Barred Individuals - TrackForums[/ame]

ARCA RE/MAX Series rookie Parker Kligerman conquered the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds mile dirt Monday in his first attempt on the "Magic Mile" with a convincing victory in the 57th running of the Southern Illinois 100. He held off five-time DuQuoin winner Frank Kimmel during a last-lap shoot-out to earn his seventh series win of the year.
Results:
1. (34) Parker Kligerman, Westport, Conn., Dodge, 100;
2. (9) Frank Kimmel, Clarksville, Ind., Ford, 100;
3. (2) Joey Coulter, Miami Springs, Fla., Chevrolet, 100;
4. (1) A.J. Fike, Galesburg, Ill., Ford, 100;
5. (13) Ken Schrader, Fenton, Mo., Chevrolet, 100;
19. (5) Beau Slocumb, Juliette, Ga., Dodge, 98;
22. (22) Ken Butler III, Lilburn, Ga., Ford, 96;
23. (21) Mark Gibson, Winder, Ga., Dodge, 62;

For many racers, having a dominant season is just a wish, while others have a hopeful dream. For seventeen-year-old Casey Roderick, teaming up with Bill Elliott Racing in the 2009 season, this has been his kind of season, as he collected his second win in the 2009 Georgia Asphalt Series and $2500, as well as earned the championship for the Super 6 series, at Lanier National Speedway.
Russell Fleeman and Roderick started on the front row, with pole sitter Shane Sawyer (13.879 sec) in third position, after a roll of the die. Roderick got the early advantage at the drop of the green, and led every lap. There were no cautions. Roderick’s teammate, Chase Elliott in the Aaron’s Dream Machine Ford, would make it a Bill Elliott Racing top two finish, by passing Sawyer on lap 83. Fleeman would settle for a fourth position, as TJ Reaid rounded out the top five.
“Man I didn’t know what to think about our Hometown Community Bank, Bill Elliott Racing Ford,” said Roderick in victory lane. “I’m so glad that we could hold off Chase. He was coming at the end, and I knew at that time I needed to give it all that I had. The lapped cars made it a little difficult to deal with, but we managed to get through them, and keep focused on getting the win.”
If Roderick can claim the top position in the Georgia Asphalt Series points standings at the season ending race at Fairgrounds Speedway at Nashville on October 31st, he and his Bill Elliott Racing, Hometown Community Bank team will pocket an additional $25,000.
Bill Elliott Racing driver Trey Poole made his fourth start of the 2009 GAS series, starting in seventh position and finishing sixth.
The next stop for the Georgia Asphalt Series will be at South Georgia Motorsports Park on October 24th, followed by the 2009 GAS season finale at Fairground Speedway at Nashville on October 31st.
Many of the GAS competitors will be back at Georgia’s NASCAR home track this Saturday night for the running of the James Garrison Memorial 100, a non points event, but certain to provide plenty of tight racing action in all divisions on the 3/8th’s mile asphalt oval.
The Garrison family has added $2000 to the purse for the Garrison Memorial race. That makes the win worth $5000 for the pro late model race. www.lanierspeedway.com.
Full Field Rundown – Saturday, September 5, GAS at Lanier
Position Car # Driver Name Laps Completed Laps Lead
1. 19 Casey Roderick 100
2. 9 Chase Elliott 100
3. 38 Shane Sawyer 100
4. 98 Russell Fleeman 100
5. 41 TJ Reaid 100
6. 91 Trey Poole 100
7. 24 Parker Hammonds 99
8. 10 Greg Simpson 99
9. 01 Shawn Simpson 99
10. 28 Tom Schuette 99
11. 45 Dwayne Buggay 99
12. 36 Rodney Benefield 99
13. 31 Tyler Millwood 98
14. 22 Cale Langford 98
15. 18 Bubba Pollard 93
16. 6 Chris Whorton 48

Chase Elliott flew to the high-banked, half-mile Winchester (Ind.) Speedway early Sunday morning to participate in practice and qualifying for the Champion Racing Association (CRA) Super Series McGunegill Engine Performance 100 on Labor Day. After starting 12th, Elliott rain as high as ninth as he battled the track’s high banks. The team made several pit stops for adjustments throughout the 100-lap race and ultimately finished 15th in a strong 24-car field in Elliott’s first start at the legendary track. www.ChaseElliott.com

Promotion idea: at Lowe's Motor Speedway, the Food Lion AutoFair is the World's Largest Automotive Extravaganza, and they have some unique "fair foods," including chocolate-covered bacon, deep-fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and funnel cake fries. On Friday, in honor of their public service, all police, fire and emergency workers showing a badge or ID will receive free admission to the Food Lion AutoFair.

Promotion idea: A 1969 Holman Moody Ford Torino used by Benny Parsons to win the 1968 and 1969 ARCA Championships will be on display at Toledo Speedway as part of the ARCA RE/MAX 200. http://www.arcaracing.com

Bubba Pollard's 2009 stats:
STARTS: 19
WINS: 10
Top 5: 18
Top 10: 19
POLES: 3
He's got a new website to tell about it: http://www.bubbapollard.com/

Another asphalt racing news and forum site: http://www.z3sports.com/

Promotion idea: Girl, horse, and flag at Hartwell: http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p369/SlinginDirt/?action=view&current=DSC_0002.jpg

The Red-Top Auto Auction Dega 100 presented by Hoosier Racing Tire, paying $10,000 to win, Sept. 18-19, is the biggest crate race ever held at the 1/3 mile Talladega Short Track clay oval. The “Dega 100” format will guarantee 72 drivers to make money - Twenty-four in the main feature event along with two non-qualifier races paying $500 to win each. www.talladegashorttrack.com.

Fastrak B4 Crate Late Model driver Brandon Carpenter was featured in a recent edition of Columbia County News Times/Augusta Chronicle. He won at Gordon Park last week. http://newstimes.augusta.com/stories...o_547453.shtml

At Hartwell and Lavonia, three have locked up the two-track points championships prior to the last race Saturday at Hartwell: Parker Herring, Chad Hoopaugh/Robin Collins and Ryan Boles.
Limited Late Model
1. Parker Herring 752 (2009 Limited Late Model Points Champion)
2. Brandon Haley 555
3. Dustin Mincey 542
4. Bubba Russell 525
5. JR Headen 491
Crate Late Model
1. Grant Jordan 744
2. Parker Herring 727
3. Brandon Haley 705
4. Danny Sanders 692
5. Kenny Collins 642
Enduro
1. Robin Collins/Chad Hoopaugh 816 (2009 Enduro Points Champion)
2. Rusty Jordan 779
3. Chuck Finch 642
4. Ben Norris 597
5. Dean Butler 410
Stock V-8
1. Ricky Chamberlain 728
2. Chris Fortson 726
3. Tyrone Anglin 474
4. Kevin Shaw 463
5. Otis Fleeman 368
Stock Four Cylinder
1. Justin Lord 822
2. Jimmy Little 813
3. Brad Brown 751
4. Josh Epps 654
5. Cody Byrum 634
Young Guns
1. Ryan Boles 769 (2009 Young Guns Point Champion)
2. Dalton Bailey 707
3. Dustin Bales 656
4. Brent Ervin 606
5. Adam Smith 267
Up Fronts
1. Noah Argo 745
2. James Goodwin 722
3. Hermon Isom 683
4. Corey Price 674
5. Marshall Roland 615
It's also fan appreciation night at Hartwell. www.hartwellspeedway.com

Wrecks: David McCoy and Anthony White at the Hartwell Southern All Stars show a few weeks ago, by "SlinginDirt": http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p369/SlinginDirt/SAS%20Wreck%20at%20Toccoa/?action=view&current=Picture15.jpg

Lavonia has the Georgia State Championships Sept. 18-19, with a $5000 to win Southern All Stars show, plus the FASTRAK late models ($3000 to win) and the Southeastern LM Sportsman Series ($1200 to win) all Saturday. $25. www.lavoniadirttrack.com

Jason Fitzgerald won Albany's Labor Day Spectacular Natl. Late Model Series $3000 to win race, with Russell Brown Jr. second and Ben Faircloth third. The series has a tight points race, with Fitzgerald (1216 pts.) leading Bo Allen (1210) and Brandon Cameron (1199). Next: Cochran Oct. 3 $3000 to win and Golden Isles' 14th Annual Showdown on the Coast $12,000 to win. Oct. 16-17 http://www.nlmss.com

Lanier will host the Raceceiver Shootout - a three night series - Sept. 19-Sept. 26-Oct. 3. Only Bandos, Legends, Thunder Roadsters, and Pro Challenge divs. will race. Plus spectator races.
There's some points too:
Sept. 19 - points
Sept. 26 - double points
Oct. 3 - triple points
Adm. - $5 (11 and under free) $20 per carload for backstretch terraces
"We're doing our part in the stimulus package," says track owner Donnie Clack.
These shows will offer racers more chances to prepare for the Legends Nationals: Oct. 8-9-10 www.lanierspeedway.com

Brandon Reed reports:
Earlier this week, I was witness to the first laps run at speed by a race car at Gresham Motorsports Park, formerly Peach State Speedway. The changes they've made at the facility are exciting, and doubtless the track will provide incredible speeds and racing when they run the World Crown 300 on Nov. 14.
While I was watching the laps, I started thinking how lucky we are that we didn't lose this venerable old speed plant like we have so many others through the years. So that's what this week's column is about-some of the tracks we've lost, and what you can do to try to make sure your hometown speedway doesn't go in the same way.
You can read the column by going to http://www.georgiaracinghistory.com.

The famous bell at the Dawsonville Pool Hall has rung once again, as Matthew Turner, of Dawsonville, GA won the Washington Auto Body and Paint 40 for the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series on Friday night at Greenville Speedway. Turner’s first career series win was hard fought in one of the most exciting races in series history. Turner grabbed the $2,000 top prize in the Turner Excavating DWB.
A lap 33 caution flag for debris set up the exciting finish that saw Turner, point leader Eric Cooley, of Fulton, MS, Larry Boutwell, of Baker, FL, and Derrick Rainey, of Powder Springs, GA, put on an exciting battle, as they raced each other from top to bottom around the track.
Saturday night, at Columbus (MS) Speedway, Cooley won, taking $2600, and Turner was second, winning $1,250.
Turner took a sixth-place finish Sunday night in the 40-lap main event at Magnolia Motor Speedway
The next race for the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series will be a non-points event with the $10,000-to-win Red Top Auto Auctions Dega 100 at Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, AL on September 18 and 19.

Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway wilol host the inaugural World of Outlaws Late Model Series ‘Commonwealth 100’ April 16-17, 2010, and it will be $25,000 to win, $2,000 to start. A 30-lap Non-Qualifiers’ Race will pay a $3,000 first-place award from a purse of nearly $16,000.

In front of a capacity crowd on Friday night, the 2008 Parts Plus United Sprint Car Series Mid-South Thunder Tour Champion Tim Crawley from Benton, AR, raced past current USCS Rookie point's leader, Justin Carver from Drummonds, TN, on lap eighteen to win Round One of the Georgia State Championship Races at Boyd's Speedway. The win was Crawley's sixth Parts Plus USCS win of the season
There were three red flags, with four cars flipping, during the show.
Parts Plus USCS Main Event 30-Laps:
Partial results:
POS. CAR# DRIVER HOMETOWN
1. 88 Tim Crawley Benton, AR
2. 10 Terry Gray Bartlett, TN
3. 24 Justin Carver Drummonds, TN
4. 16 Anthony Nicholson Bartlett, TN
7. 1x Matt Linder Hoschton, GA
11. 33 Joe Larkin Suwannee, GA
15 67 Brian Thomas Pendergrass, GA
20. 21 Aubrey Black Lookout Mountain, TN

18 USCS cars, including two involved in flips at Boyd's Friday, raced at Lavonia Saturday, with Tim Crawley winning again.
The race was red-flagged on lap 21 as leader Terry Gray stopped on the track, exited the car, and fell to the ground. A u-joint assembly had broken and hammered Gray's left foot severely.
Tim Crawley clinched the 2-race, 2-track Georgia State Championship with the two wins. Each race paid $2000 to win plus contingencies.
www.uscsracing.com

NASCAR Camping World West Series - David Mayhew won Friday night's NASCAR Camping World West Series race ayt Iowa Speedway over Jason Bowles, Max Gresham, Brett Moffitt, Jeff Barkshire, Ryan Gifford, Brian Ickler, Brett Thompson and Eric Holmes.

Dirt Late Model magazine's new issue (9/09) has great articles and pictures of Jonathan Davenport, Ray Cook's Southern Nationals, Ronny Lee Hollingsworth, and Lawrencevurg (IN) Speedway, where I saw the Lucas LM show last week. The Birkhofers jump into the provisionals argument in their column. Lee Ackerman's history page recalls the 1st Annual Southern 100 at Dixie, which paid Bud Lunsford $15,000 to win in 1979. www.threewidemedia.com