Performance Tees

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hooters Pro Cup at Rockingham NOV 1

Thanks

Hooters Pro Cup at Rockingham NOV 1

Is anyone heading to Rockingham tomorrow for the USAR Hooter's Pro Cup American 200?
    If so we can hook up at the Rock, literally at the big Rock that sits in front of the ticket booth.

Rocky Mount, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks

Re: Hooters Pro Cup at Rockingham NOV 1

lucky 13 will be there. he is on a pit crew.

Thanks

PRP will be in da house ...
    On pit row , in the vip suite , garage area and victory lane !!!
    "The PIG RIG"

Thanks

PRP, what'd ya think of the race? I enjoyed it and the 66 and 81 put on a good show for us. Seen that flip on the back stretch, that doesn't happen much at the Rock. Ironically Carl Long barrel rolled there in the last nascar race I attended at the Rock and he was racing there today.

Thanks

Boy I really had a good time Saturday Afternoon at the ROCK , yes that was a pretty nasty flip down the backstretch and yes I thought about that flip that Cal Long took in 2004 , Andy Hillenberg is a class act Period I had breakfast with him and also met Danny "THE DUDE" Lasaski , there were many things at stake in the event The Championship & Rookie Of The Year and other points battles to go along with about a two hour Victory Lane after the race with Clay Rogers & Benny Gordon coming to V-L with flat left rear tires after their Burn-Outs !!!
    "The PIG RIG"

Thanks

I spoke with a rep from the Rock at the Occoneechee show last Sept and put a bug in his ear about having a vintage show at Rockingham. Told him how successful the Darlington show was and he seemed pretty anxious to take it to Mr. Hillenburg. Since Vintage Oval Racing Magazine sponsored the show and practically ran the event it would make it really easy to host a vintage race show there. Now that PRP is rubbing elbows with Andy Hillenburg....hmmm?

Thanks

I was there. The race SUCKED for us. LOL. I was with the 68 car. We had battery problems. I knew I should have stayed at Lowes. As soon as it was over I went back to Charlotte though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capefear01 View Post
    I spoke with a rep from the Rock at the Occoneechee show last Sept and put a bug in his ear about having a vintage show at Rockingham. Told him how successful the Darlington show was and he seemed pretty anxious to take it to Mr. Hillenburg. Since Vintage Oval Racing Magazine sponsored the show and practically ran the event it would make it really easy to host a vintage race show there. Now that PRP is rubbing elbows with Andy Hillenburg....hmmm?
    I offered to help sponsor nest year at Darlington when we where there. I can drop a line to them and see what is up. My wife and I own www.leatherique.com so you know who we are.
    That would be fun what we need is a "SHOW" circuit for the vintage cars on the east coast
    IMHO if we could team up with a vintage car auction and or show on the same weekend then the promoter MIGHT have a shot at breaking even..
    Last edited by georgep; 11-03-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: LEATHERIQUE was spelled wrong, DUM

BillyW is offline Im getting use to this place
    Thanks

I enjoied the race.. much better show than the ARCA event i thought...

YEah you guys (68 car) did have a rough one.... i gave my card to one of the guys.. i think he thought i was being a smart Butt...lol... i work for the ROCK Racing Battery company...lol.. i wasn't i swear...lol.. i made the trip back to the Concord also...another great show...

Great to see Clay Rogers win driving for my old buddys the Craigs from Legend car days...

Can't wait to see what happens with the 1/2 mile track off the back strait..

Billy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BillyW View Post
    Can't wait to see what happens with the 1/2 mile track off the back strait..
    I hear it's being built to specks of Martinsville for cup testing. Correct me if you know something else.

Thanks

Yeah, it's a test track. Martinsville clone.I think several cups teams tested there before Martinsville.

BillyW is offline Im getting use to this place
    Thanks

What Slim said.... exact duplicate of Martinsville.... and testing has already been happening... all i can say is don't spin out in the middle of turn s...???? ok the east turn.. 3 & 4 of the big oval....no wall yet.. and HUGE drop off....lol...

There are rumors of maybe in the future of a couple races on it.... till then.. it has a smaller bull ring in the infield for Legend car races....which will happen next year....

Billy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast