RJ Tire

Thread: SLM's at County Line?

Thanks

SLM's at County Line?

I'm just coming up to speed and was wondering: does the super late models run at County Line on a weekly basis?

Thanks

Re: SLM's at County Line?

Last year they triedto run them once sometimes twice a month.....halfway threw the season they dropped them.

Thanks

James had to drop them because the fan base was not there. (Why I have no Idea) I like the SLM too but I can see his point. Yuo can't run a business at a loss of $$$ but so long. He thought it was for the best intrest in the track as well as his own pocket to let them go... You might see them return for some special events this year, but I don't think they will be back on a weekly schedule.

Thanks

It is funny but if all of the people who asked about running them or get mad when you tell them that they are not running, if they would show up on those weeks he might would have been able to run them. I like them too but no cars or people showed up.

Thanks

Two things. Funny as this may sound, the fans at CLR tend to be very attached to their favorite support divisions. When the SLM run, one of the support divisions doesn't.

Secondly, Clary's is a 25 min drive down the road and pays $3,000 to win weekly. It's very hard to compete with that, and throw in Fayetteville and Dublin not all that far away either and paying at least $2,000 to win it is very hard to bring the cars in. Not a lot of SLM fans are going to come when 6-9 late models show up and they can drive a short distance to see a lot more cars.

It puts CLR in a difficult situation. I love the the people at CLR to death, but I think the management just doesn't have the money to compete with $3,000 to win Clary's as far as big SLM purses go.

Oh yeah, do yourself a favor and buy a "customized" racing calendar (or a bunch) - you'll love 'em! I promise

A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot